GENERAL STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
San Angelo Christian Academy provides an educational choice emphasizing academic, spiritual, and physical development. Subjects offered are predominately from the liberal and fine arts. They are designed to prepare graduates to pursue higher education.
On the belief that each person is created in the image of God, San Angelo Christian Academy exists to provide the student an environment in which he may develop “in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men” (Luke 2:52).
This philosophy is based upon acceptance and application of the Bible as the inspired Word of God and declares that Jesus Christ is the Lord of all the universe and is, therefore, the Lord of all the subjects taught at San Angelo Christian Academy. We reject the idea that religion can be compartmentalized and practiced only in organized chapel and Bible classes. The apostle Paul says in II Corinthians 10:5, “…we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” With God’s help, San Angelo Christian Academy will make Jesus the Lord of the classroom in mathematics, history, science, and every other academic discipline.
While the school can serve to reinforce Christian values, responsibilities, and conduct, it is mainly the parent’s obligation to help the child develop godly character traits. To accomplish these objectives, the parent:
- Recognizes that the school is an extension of the parent while the child is at school.
- Teaches the child respect for the law, for authority, for the rights of others, and for private and public property.
- Shares with the child and with the school an active interest in the child’s schoolwork and personal development.
- Arranges for the child’s regular school attendance.
- Cooperates with the school in carrying out disciplinary action when such action is necessary.
- Models Matthew 18:15 by going to the appropriate person (student, teacher, administrator, school board president, board grievance committee) and communicating with the school regarding his/her child by following this communication policy:
- Grievances are handled most satisfactorily at the level at which they occur. Therefore, if a parent has a staff- or faculty-related grievance, an attempt must be made to settle the matter first with the staff/faculty member.
- If no satisfactory solution is reached, the family will direct the complaint to the administrator for resolution. A record of the complaint will be made by the administrator who will schedule a conference, possibly including all parties. Every attempt will be made at mediation, understanding, and resolution.
- Finally, unresolved grievances will be communicated to the president, who may refer items of concern to the board grievance committee.
We hope we can resolve any concern informally in a cooperative, Christian atmosphere. In this spirit, we will model peacemaking for each other and for our children.
At San Angelo Christian Academy, our goal is to develop moral excellence, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love in the young people with whom we have the opportunity to work.
Our role as a Christian school is to play an integral part in the development of the family, church, and school. Our mission is to compliment home and church in a manner that builds up and affirms our children’s faith in God and guides them in their service to our fellow man through the church, their family, and society.
If you experience difficulty accessing any of this site, to include embedded links, contact the website manager ([email protected]) for assistance.